SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
4-5 MAY 2018
PATHWAYS THAT INSPIRE US
What inspires us in our language education practices? What drives us to learn more as teachers and learners?
How often can we spare time from our busy schedules to contemplate the pathways we have followed?
Here is the opportunity for us to reflect on our personal and professional development by:
- reflecting on the experiences that have inspired us along the way
- sharing our discoveries about teaching and learning
- learning from our achievements and ‘failures’
- building on our strengths and ‘weaknesses’
- exploring our philosophies of teaching and learning
- drawing inspirations from our stories
Join us for an introspective journey into our personal and professional pathways!
The conference will focus on the following key themes:
- Assessment processes
- Curriculum development
- Critical thinking
- Feedback from learners
- Learning from ‘success’ and ‘failure’
- Learner autonomy
- Personal / professional development
- Principles, practices and processes in language learning
- Research with learners
- Technology and digital literacy in language learning
CALL FOR PAPERS
Call for proposals starting date: 10th October, 2017
Closing date for proposals: 20th December, 2017- Extended! 31st December 2017
We are looking forward to welcoming you at Sabanci University!
With kind regards,
The Organising Committee